Is it possible to include page title as a column when using table excerpt

Thomas Heggebø August 11, 2020

We have much information from different pages that would be useful to collect in a single table. Using "table excerpt" macro with "table transformer macro" I am able to merge the table with the columns I need. The one thing I am not able to do is to automatically add the page title with a link to the page where the row originated. Is this possible or do anyone have a nice walk around? This would make concatenating of data much easier and better

Here are some screenshots of the setup used4.png

1.png2.png

Example of the end result I am looking for

3.png

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2020

Hi @Thomas Heggebø 

Currently there is no such an option, but we have it in our roadmap.
Here is a workaround that might work for you:

1. Wrap each table (Table Excerpt Include) with Table Transformer macro.
  2. Add a table with two cells (heading and page name) within the macro 
  3. Insert link to the page name if needed.
  4. Write this query
SELECT * FROM T1 OUTER JOIN T2

4. And get the resulting table

Best regards,
Katerina

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Thomas Heggebø , here is our latest update for the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros: now you can show page titles of included tables automatically.

Just tick the Show page titles of included tables field and you'll see the links to the pages with Excerpt macros:

Mon 2-1.png

Magandeep Singh Bedi July 21, 2021

Hi,

If I want to wrap 'Table Excerpt Include' inside the Table transformer and use SQL Query example: 

SELECT *, ....FROM T1

it is displaying "Page" column but if I use following:

SELECT T1.Col1,T1.Col2, ....FROM T1

it is not displaying 'Page' column, how can I get page link?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

Hi @Magandeep Singh Bedi ,

I've checked both on Server and Cloud instances, the Table Transformer macro recognizes all the page meta data columns perfectly well.

Here is an example for Server:

Thu 11-1.png

Thu 11-2.png

Thu 11-3.png

Thu 11-4.png

And here is an example for Cloud:

Thu 11-5.png

Thu 11-6.png

Thu 11-7.png

Please check your SQL query and make sure that you list your columns containing the meta data information.

If nothing helps, you may raise a support ticket here (attach the screenshots and page storage format (upper right corner -> menu ... -> View page storage format)).

2 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2020

Hi @Thomas Heggebø ,

To collect page titles you may use the Page Properties Report (PPR) macro. Our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app works with it just fine. See the examples here. You can filter your PPR and merge it with other tables.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events