Is it possible to include a static list of JIRA issues in Confluence?

Systems Department May 14, 2012

I would like to make a confluence page that only displays the resolved JIRA issues form the previous 7 days. A weekly report if you will. I have a filter in JIRA that shows only resolved issues for the previous week. Using -1w. However if I insert that into Confluence via the JIRA plugin, it will display the previous weeks closed issues relative to when the confluence page is viewed. Do I have to make a seperate filter every week to accomplish this task? Or is there a way to get the JIRA issues into the confluence page, and not have it ever autoupdate again?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

You need to include absolute dates in the JQL query like "status WAS "Resolved"DURING ("01/01/2010","01/01/2011")".

Btw, you need NOT to create a filter everytime, you can use a dynamic JQL in the URL itself. For example:

https://<<yourserver>>/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?jqlQuery=project+%3D+ABC+AND+issuetype+%3D+%22Bug%22&tempMax=1000

And you can get this URL easily from the issue navigator using the permalink icon.

Systems Department May 14, 2012

That is really great, than you Renjith. One follow up question I have:

Using the method outlined above we can make a Confluence page that has the issues that were closed for that time period. However, we would also like to include a list of JIRA issues that were "In Progress" for that week. As issues will change over time from In Progress to closed, this report would not be valid if viewed later.

I see that there is a dropdown in the Confluence Jira plugin that goes from Static to Dynamic. Does this make the report static? ie.. will it not query JIRA every time it is viewed?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012
  • If you need to get In Progress items, then the JQL will be 'status WAS 'In Progress' during ...'
  • AFAIK jiraissues macro queries Jira always whenever the cache period expires.
  • Additionally if you don't need to repeat the job every week, you can use the {run} macro for the users to enter two dates, the start and end dates, and include the jiraissues macro using these variables. By this whenever someone needs the reports, they enter two dates, clicks the button and the query output will be displayed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events