Is it possible to import multiple Micrsoft Word documents as pages?

Rhyne Armstrong July 27, 2011

The Office Connector works great when you can add documents one at the time. But what about if you have nearly 1000 documents that you need to add as pages? Is there an easy way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Yale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

You can attempt to use the Confluence Command Line Interface, but other than that I don't think so.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/CSOAP/Confluence+Command+Line+Interface

Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2011

I too think that the CLI is your best bet. See here for info about how to get CLI help, support, and fixes.

CLI seems to work fine if the files are in .txt or HTML. Unfortunately, it doesn't properly parse the HTML that these files are marked up in due to being converted from a microsoft product.

Richard Yale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

Word and HTML have never played nice. That's pretty much been the story for years and even more so recently with 2007. That's why Atlassian is pretty much remaking word inside of their Confluence 4.0. I can't wait till it is released.

I don't mind taking a few more steps to get from where I started to a fairly-well laid out Confluence page. I am at a loss though how to get a .pst or MBOX to nice HTML.

The MBOX import to Confluence is great...except I want the mail as pages, not as email.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2011
  1. Write a small program in C# or VB to load each of the 1000+ word documents and save as 'HTML filterered'
  2. This should save the files in pure html format (no office specific keywords)
  3. Import them using confluence CLI
0 votes
Jim Birch
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2011

There's a utility called message export that I've seen but haven't used that might do what you want. "Looks" ok, not free.

http://www.encryptomatic.com/messageexport/

If the html is messcrosofted there are ways of cleaning up discussed eg at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/67964/what-is-the-best-free-way-to-clean-up-word-html

Also a nice little free windows utility called ssr.exe that you use in batch files to seacrch and replace in multiple files.

You could then CLI your html files into Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events