Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to grant a user the modification rights ?

Martin Rosset March 30, 2020

Hello,

I have several space linked to specific groups of users. The users can read everything in all the spaces but can only write in the space they assigned to.

In certain project, I have people from others group/space that need to modify a page in a space they are not allowed to do that.

Is there any simple way that the originator of a page can grant write permissions to his page ?

Thanks in advance

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Hi Martin,

in Confluence permissions are given on space level: Here the admin/space admin defines, who can read pages, create pages, delete pages, attachments, comments & set restrictions

Restrictions are applied on pages & can only RESTRICT the given permissions but never enhance them.

Therefore a page owner can never GRANT permissions, he can only RESTRICT them.

A good approach might be to create an unrestricted page, which allows creating subpages & allows editing of these & create a restricted page, which allows viewing but no editing. These view restrictions are inherited by sub pages.

The pages then created by a user (assuming he/she is allowed to create a page in the space) below the unrestricted page can then be restricted by the creator to be only readable by other users or user groups. This allows for "controlled" pages below the restricted main page & uncontrolled pages below the unrestricted page.

I hope you got some insights & ideas how to solve your problem.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events