Is it possible to grant 'Super User Rights' to migrated AD-Groups?

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Hello Guys,

we are planning to use a Active Directory for user authentication. Therefore i created a new "Confluence AD Administrator" Group in the Active Directory. Now i want to know if it's possible to to grant "Super User" Rights to the newly created group.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Hi Wilhelm,

The super user group is confluence-administrator, if you want to administrate this group into your LDAP, create the LDAP group with this name and set the LDAP directory on the top position in Confluence.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hello Tiago,

I tried your solution and it worked for us. I created a group named "confluence-administrators" in the Active Directory and deactivated the Internal JIRA Directory.

But it seems to be a problem if I want to use a different group name.

1 vote
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Willhelm,

Tiago is correct. You are more than free to create a group called confluence-administrator inside your LDAP. This is the default administrators group that will grant all users in it Super User Rights.

If you wanted to keep your group name you could visit Confluence Admin > Global Permissions and add your "Confluence AD Administrator" as a group in the top permissions area. You would then mirror the permission scheme that the "confluence-administrator" for that group. I am including a link to our global permissions over document below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hello Daniel,

I'm afraid i can't name my own AD Group with Super-User rights. I did the following things you said:

1. Go to Confluence Administrator -> Global Permissions
  2. Added "Confluence AD Administrator"
  3. Mirrored the rights (Personal Space, Create Space(s), Confluence Administrator & System Administrator
  4. Go to "User Directories"
  5. Moved up the "Active-Directory-Server" to the Top

But nevertheless my new Administrator Account is not allowed to see any spaces. Next thing I'll try is naming a group confluence-administrator in the Active Directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events