Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to give a user edit rights to a specific page without having to give them rights to the entire space?

Ita Sherlock October 2, 2012

I need to be able to give users the capability to edit a sub-set of pages within a space, but don't want them to have the ability to edit other critical content within the space. How do I do this? I looked at page restrictions, but don't want to have to apply them to the large number of pages which I have, just so that someone can edit 2 or 3 pages.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

In short the answer is no.... The way permissions work is that they are most open at the space level and become more restricted the further down the page hierarchy you go.

So to be able to edit ANY page in the space, they have to have space edit rights.

The only think you can do is change the structure of your space. Where the pages which are for colloboration are in one tree, and the pages which are not for editing are in another tree off the home page. You can then set the page restrictions in one place and every page under that will inherit the restrictions.

In summary, at the page level. you can only take away permissions, not grant them.

References: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Restrictions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events