Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to generate a page id

Bruce Schlueter December 5, 2011

Hi all,

We use Confluence also as a Knowledgebase and what we would like to do is generate a unique page id. Does anybody know of such a solution?

Thanks,

Bruce

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2011

I think this is really a duplicate of How to add a serial / issue number to a page in Confluence 4.0?

My answer to that likely holds up still:

Browse to Confluence Admin | Look & Feel | Custom HTML

Paste this in At the end of the HEAD:

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
  if (AJS.params.pageId != 'undefined') {
    AJS.$('#title-text a').prepend(AJS.params.pageId + ' ');
  }
});
</script>

It will prepend the pageId to the page title.

Bruce Schlueter December 6, 2011

You are right, this is a duplicate and your solution is close to what we are looking for. Actually we are running into the same problems as the id will not be printed when doing a PDF export and that it is not searchable. Do you have any ideas on this?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2011

Either create a user macro with the following content:

$content.id

...then add the user macro to the page.

Or add the above to an appropriate place in the PDF template.

See: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Providing+PDF+Versions+of+your+Technical+Documentation

Bruce Schlueter December 7, 2011

Thanks a lot for your assistance. I managed to write tha user macro and it works fine if I add it to a page, but I am somewhat not able to get it into the PDF export. What I did is added following lines to the CSS

1. @page
  2. {
  3. size: 210mm 297mm;
  4. margin-top: 1.4cm;
  5. margin-bottom:1.4cm;
  6. margin-left: 1cm;
  7. margin-right: 1cm;
  8. padding: 1em;
  9. @top-left;
  10. {
  11. content: $pageid;
  12. font-family: ConfluenceInstalledFont, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
  13. font-size: 6pt;
  14. }
  15. }

The name of the macro is pageid. Could anybody please tell me where I am going wrong? I read through the documentation without finding a hint how to add the macros. Or am I running into the item CONF-16733?

Anthony Aquilina August 1, 2019

I copied and pasted this code in the HTML editor but nothing happens, 

do i need to change the information in the green quotes?

Mahdi Challouf October 21, 2019

@Anthony Aquilina

You cant try Linking add-on and use the macro add page on wich you specify an increment ID code using confluence source editor plugin, it's free.

In the edit page add this code:

<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="fb457b05-9bf7-417f-8898-25505debe433" ac:name="add-page" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="prefix"> %child-counter:next%</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="linkText">Add New Page</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="source">[Your Template name here if you have]</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>
</p>
0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2011

Hallo Bruce,

Each page in Confluence does have unique page ID. Would you be able to use the ID that Confluence generates? To see the ID of a page, view the "Information" screen for the page then look in the URL. For example, in this URL:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewinfo.action?pageId=135922

The page ID is "135922".

You can view the page by ID, using this URL format:

confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=135922

And edit it too, provided you have the right permissions:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/editpage.action?pageId=135922

Does that answer the question?

Cheers, Sarah

Bruce Schlueter December 6, 2011

Hi Sarah,

that is not quite what we are looking for. But it would suffice if this id could be added to the page by a macro, so that if the title changes you still find the page by this id. Is there a possibilty to do so and if yes, can the existing pages be updated automatically so that these pages also contain the id?

Thanks, Bruce

Like claudia_gonzalez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events