Is it possible to generate a list of spaces with their keys?

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

The Space macro and space directory are nice, but they don't provide any way to show the space key along with the space name.

It would be great if space key were available as a column in the space directory list.

Does anyone know of a workaround to generate such a list?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2012

You could write a user macro to do that and output on a page.

Off the top of my head, something like:

$spaces = $spaceManager.getAllSpaces()

<ol>
#foreach ($space in $spaces)
  <li>$space.key $space.name</li>
#end
</ol>

Look at this page in the documentation (one of my favourites):
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Objects+Accessible+From+Velocity

Deleted user January 31, 2013

Hi David

This looks like exactly what I need. However ...

I'm not a programmer. I'm using Confluence 3.5.17. I tried pasting your code into a user macro. I called it listspacekeys, no body, output format wiki markup. When that didn't work, I tried output format html.

Unfortunately in both cases, all I got was a page of unhelpfulness, like this:

$spaces = [com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@ecdba83, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@7897a853, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@fb1a477d, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@5a059e79, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@6d4138a0, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@42c67ec4, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@a45f4690, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@2ab1ef15, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@77f52313, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@368454f5, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@b57f41b7, com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space@d26d183e]

Am I missing something fundamental?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events