Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to force a Home Page for all users on Confluence?

Tom Dickson May 21, 2014

Users can change their home page - is it possible to prevent this?

For ease of communication, I'd like to keep the default Site Homepage for all users (and reset any that have changed).

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2014

Hi Tom,

It seems this is not possible at the moment, so I have created a feature request for you here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33740

I recommend to vote and watch the feature request to increase popularity. Also, ask your colleagues to vote and watch as well :)

As a workaround, I could create this query that will show all users that have a home page set instead of using the global home page:

SELECT um.username, os.entity_key, os.string_val FROM OS_PROPERTYENTRY os
JOIN user_mapping um on um.user_key = trim('USERPROPS-' FROM os.entity_name)
WHERE os.entity_key = 'confluence.user.site.homepage';

and this delete sql will remove their setting leaving only the global home page setting.

DELETE FROM os_propertyentry WHERE entity_key = 'confluence.user.site.homepage';

Remember, always perform a full backup of the database before performing any update or delete query on it. :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2014

I've also created this KB :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Tom Dickson May 22, 2014

Thanks! I see some users set to "siteHomepage" - is that the same as having it default?

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2014

Hi Tom,

That's correct. I've just tested this here. If there is set a "siteHomepage" there, then that user is using the global home page. And if that row is removed, the user will also user the default global home page as well. You can use both as workaround :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events