Is it possible to find specific markdown code via Search?

Patrick O_Connell December 10, 2021

Hello all,

I'm revising some long-ignored pages where for emphasis in text formatted with Paragraph, I would use bold. For quite a while, now, though, I've been italicizing text for emphasis, rather than using bold.

Once I come across such a page, I've actually figured out how to quick-change all of that with a pair of search-and-replaces in Code view.

However, there are likely other such pages, and I'm looking for a more efficient way to locate them than the "visually look for bold text in everything I wrote before a certain time" method.

So, has anyone figured out if it's possible to find markdown code via Search? Just searching for it like anything else produces no results.

Thank you,
Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer in Montreal @
my_xmas_mg_email_sig.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Bonjour @Patrick O_Connell ! The only way I know to do it would be via the API. In other words, write a Python script to crawl through the pages to do the regex for you.

If your pages are all in one space, you could kludge it by just changing your CSS. ;-). You might be able to write your rule tight enough to limit its "damage".  But you have to remember you have done that to know why bolding won't work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events