Is it possible to extract Confluence Calendar data in excel?

Marc Ychasmendi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Is it possible to extract Confluence Calendar team outputs to be used as input for Sprint Planning? As a step further, is it possible to link Confluence to BI platforms such as Amazon QuickSight?

1 answer

2 votes
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

To answer the 2nd part of your question first, yes, there are many addons to connect to different BI tools.  However, a quick search of the Marketplace did not find any for Amazon QuickSight yet.

"Is it possible to extract Confluence Calendar team outputs". I'd say yes, as everything is ultimately possible.  I do not know of a quick and easy way to just extract the Calendar entries, but maybe someone else does.  My concerns are that there will be some data manipulation needed to get just the bits needed to then import for sprint planning.  A brute force method (one of my favorite types of method) would be to create a script to scrape the page for the dates, format as needed then save it as a file to import later.

Marc Ychasmendi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

Thanks @Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM  For the quick answer. Would you be able to share the BI tools you were referring to? It would be useful to review then and consider as alternatives for our team. 
As another alternative, we will explore the idea of creating a Script to scrape the page. (Would you have any available script for Confluence that our team could leverage/re-design?) However, when you say "yes" on the extraction question, do you have any specifics on how could we do that? Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events