Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to export Confluence table of contents into excel?

Edited

I am required to export the table of contents for our confluence page into a index flow structure in excel. Is it possible to just fully export the entire table of contents rather than writing it out word for word?

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey Community Leader Dec 06, 2021

Good Lord, Is this a managment request? What is wrong with a bulleted list?

0 votes
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Dec 06, 2021

@YC are you referring to an entire space's page index, or a page that has the Table of Contents macro embedded in it? I have pasted an image below depicting both. The answer will be similar based on the choice, but not the same...

Let me know so I can try to point you in the right direction.

Capture1.JPG

Hi there,

I am trying to export the entire page's space index, so the marked section on the left would be correct. I would like to it be appropriately mapped within an excel spreadsheet, perhaps like this:

Using your example

Level 1Level 2Level 3  
2020 Service Leadership meeting    
 Confluence Coffee CornerTesting Confluence Options   
 Confluence KB Links and Articles   

Thank you

hey Andy, would really appreciate a solution. cheers

Andy Gladstone Community Leader Dec 07, 2021

@YC I was experimenting last night with different ideas. 

One was exhorting the space as .xml, and extracting the page tree. That was pretty laborious and did not produce the results I desired. 

I also tried using the Page Tree macro to create a listing on a single page of all of the pages in the space, and export that to Microsoft Word, but it only brings in the page title since the output is just coming from a Macro.

The best output actually came from creating the macro as mentioned above, and then expanding the entire page tree, copying and pasting in to Excel. 

Dirty, ugly, but accomplishes the goal. 

I have not been able to find a better method. Yet.

Like YC likes this

thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

4,167 views 10 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you