Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to do back up of my cloud on alternative service?

Lado Sheroziia September 19, 2020

I would like to do back up of my cloud on alternative service. Can I download (copy) or transfer all materials and structure of my cloud to another service or platform? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

The other way if its incase somebody changes something, take a COPY of the board in your Trello space, using the copy board (normally for your own templates, but it works).

Other is to import your board onto another provider, using their import from Trello just incase there is a problem with Trello access for any reason.

I tend to dual back up, once in trello so I can copy any affected cards back onto the board, and also once to an independant service just incase they went pop.

Other that I do every so often, is open the cards, cut and paste everything into a word doc, and save as PDF so can keep for insurance purposes if there was ever a malpractice claim.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2020

Er, the question was about Confluence.

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

Ah, OK, it didnt say in the post so figured it was a Trello one as we've had similar need using Trello.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2020

I took Confluence from the topic and tags selected.

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

Ah ... I missed it as I look at the left side of the screen ... normally adverts and useless stuff on the right.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2020

I know, it doesn't jump out.  I never read the breadcrumbs at the top, and tend not to look at the tags unless I'm not quite getting the question.  Most of my experience is with Jira, with Confluence in second place, so I tend to lean to them first but I've made the wrong assumption many times and I'm trying to stop doing that!

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

LOL.  And I thought tags were just for filtering.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2020

Go to Admin -> Backup manager, and click "create backup for server" or "backup for cloud"

One gives you a file that can be uploaded into another Atlassian Cloud Confluence, the other a file that can be imported into a Confluence server

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events