Is it possible to display epic and related stories in confluence using Jira Issue Edited

I would like to get an array with all my epics and in one column to get the stories that have that epic.

I am looking for the same kind of display that I can get with Link for example when I link 2 stories.

Epic Link is going the over way around, Link does not show the user stories.

Just to clarify, the output would be 

on the line, the epic name and the columns would be the story status, like Opne, in progress, Done.

Then each column would contain the number of stories that are in that status.

Thanks for any help.

5 answers

To display all the stories within an epic, you can use the Jira Issue/Filter add-in.   Use the Epic Name in the filter, ie: "Epic Link" = EN-123.

thanks @Ryan Fauth that worked for me.

1 vote

Hello Stephane,

Maybe this link below have additional information which you are looking for:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Linking+a+Confluence+Page+to+an+Epic

If you need more information, please let me know.

All the best,

Renato Rudnicki

Thanks, I also reviewed that page and it is describing how to create a link between an epic and a confluence page. What I am looking for is how to add to a confluence page a Jira report that would contains all the epics and in each epic row the list of user stories that are connected to the epic, the same way you can list jira stories and their linked stories.

Hi Stephane,

Please review our documentation below regarding JIRA agile and Confluence integration:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+JIRA+Agile+in+Confluence

I hope the mentioned feature above fulfill your requirement on this.

Cheers.

Thanks, I initially identified that page as well but could not find a way for me to display in a confluence page all the active epics and in one column of the array, all the user stories related to those.

I am looking for the same on my project overview page I want to put in one link/Jql/etc in Confluence that will list the EPIC > and auto feed in all of the Stories within @Anthony Wijnen @Stephane Renou

Have you found the answer @Stephane Renou? Looking to do the same here.

Thanks in advance!

Gr,

Anthony

I am looking for the same on my project overview page I want to put in one link/Jql/etc in Confluence that will list the EPIC > and auto feed in all of the Stories within @Stephane Renou @Anthony Wijnen

I'm also looking for the same feature. This is one of the first things you look for after creating Epics and assigning stories to them (i.e. a unified view)

1. Create advanced filter in Jira 

"Epic Link" = Name of Epic

* Name of Epic will probably change to an ID automatically, nothing to worry about.

2. Insert Jira issue/filter macro to a confluence page using

filter = "Name of Epic"      

2.b Set display option to Table.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 2.31.57 PM.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

329 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you