Is it possible to display an entire table from a page properties macro in a page properties report?

Marjorie D June 27, 2018

I created a table with several lines inside of a page property macro.

I would like to see all the lines from this table appear in my page property report on another page. Is it possible?

For now I only see the content of the 1st line below the header of the table.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2018

Hi Marjorie,

This isn't the intention of the Page Property macro. I would recommend using Excerpt Include instead.

Have you seen this macro before, and does it work for your requirements?

Regards,

Shannon

Gerrit Berberich August 13, 2018

Hello @Shannon S,

we actually stuck in same/similar requirement:

We wanted to use the Page property macro to get columns of a table:

A Table contain several rows and columns and one column is defined as task column and on row level we will add checkboxes and tasks with confluence functionality.

In difference to the task report we want to show not only predefined task fields by confluence (Allowed columns are description, duedate, assignee, location, completedate, labels) but also all the columns left and right of this column and flexible table to list the task in its context.

With page property and report we are able to get the first column of the table of one page (and other pages) but only the first column and not a specific one.

With excerpt include / include macro it's quite similar and we only can use it if we separate all rows and put it in the page propery or include container.

Is there another way?

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2018

Hi Gerrit,

Currently Page Property macro only pulls one column/row:

What you're asking sounds similar to the Task Report Macro. However, you cannot currently customize columns with that. I raised a request for this a while back:

For clarity, the limitation in Page Properties macro is discussed here:

Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Regards,

Shannon

2 votes
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

Hi Marjorie,

If you need to pull multiple tables with multiple rows (both manually created or generated with the help of the macros outputting tables), you can use the combination of the Table Excerpt Include and Table Transformer macros. 

Table Excerpt Include provides an ability to pull any tables from child pages, from specific pages, from pages by labels and more. Table Transformer merges all the tables in one.

The workflow may be as follows:

1. Insert the Table Excerpt macro, set the Excerpt name parameter, and place the tables (or the macros outputting tables) within the macro body on every page.

2019-03-28_18h09_44.png

2. Add the Table Excerpt Include macro on the summary page, specify Excerpt name and select an appropriate Excerpt source.

2019-03-28_18h22_47.png

3. Wrap the Table Excerpt include macro in the Table Transformer macro, use the default presets or custom SQL queries to merge all the tables in one.

2019-03-28_18h11_16.png2019-03-28_18h27_21.png

0 votes
Claudia Oakley February 16, 2022

I have a workaround for this as I had the same issue and we don't have other macros available. 

1. Add the Page Properties Macro and ID 
  2. Insert a 1*1 Table
  3. Inside the cell Paste the table you want to display
  4. Save
  5.  On a different page add the Page Properties Macro (use the label and table id to find your table)
  6. Preview and Save
  7. Save your page :) You can see all the columns and rows in your table!! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events