Is it possible to display a external website and all subsites of that website in Confluence?

Felix Köhn April 9, 2021

Hey Guys!

So there is a website and I would like to display information in Confluence Cloud from that Website and all subsites of that site.

I can display the frontpage of said website with IFrames but is it possible to also display all the subpages, maybe on new Confluence Pages per subsite?

Is there any way to gather the necessary informations from the sites and display it on Confluence somehow?

Thank you for the help in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Hi Felix,

You can definitely do this, it would be one page per iframe if you want it to look good, in theory you can do more than one but it would get cluttered. I would suggest not over using iFrames though for all the pages and create a link to it instead. Using pages through iFrames isn't always the best user experience.

For the latter you need to be an Admin of the instance but I am struggling to find the documentation.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-iframe-macro/

Best,

Clark

Felix Köhn April 9, 2021

Hey Clark,

thank you so much for the Info.

What I'm trying to do is to have Confluence automatically go though all sub-pages of that Website and create a Page with Iframe per subsite to display the contents.

So you would have a Confluence page per subsite of that website.

And if that's not possible if there is a way to automatically get some important info's from that external website and display it in Confluence.

Kind Regards,

Felix

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events