Is it possible to disable team calendar entirely in my confluence cloud?

faiyeah April 12, 2018

I didn't intend to use Team calendar, and the license is expired for my account. However, there are some left-behind calendar pages in my confluence currently set as read-only, and I cannot even delete it. 

It is so annoying because it shows up in the side bar (Activity > All Updates) for the anonymous space. 

3 answers

1 vote
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2019

I contacted Atlassian support to remove Team Calendar from Confluence instance.

Bad news: There is no way to remove it, even Atlassian support cannot remove this add-on from Confluence. 

Not so bad news: As an alternative way forward, Atlassian support opened a feature request in Confluence backlog: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68435

Please upvote this request so that they implement the much needed feature.

Feature request: Ability for users to remove the Team Calendars macro from confluence Manage apps

0 votes
장양중 March 9, 2020

Administration-Billing-Manage subscriptions

you can in-activate add-on

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 9, 2020

This does not completely remove Team Calendar. It can however disable the license, thus you do not pay if you were paying before. If you go to Manage apps, it still appears there.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hi Fai,

You may delete Team Calendars from your Cloud instance in the Administration console under Manage Subscriptions:

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 10.08.08 AM.png

I am sorry to hear Team Calendars was not useful for your team. Any feedback that would help us improve it for you is very welcome.

Thanks,

Ann

faiyeah April 12, 2018

Well, the main point is not whether Team Calendar is useful to my team.

The point is, if my subscription of team calendar is expired or free trial period is over, I (as a admin) can neither remove or edit the permission of the left-behind pages of team calendar. In plugin page, I cannot even disable it.

These all leads to the calendar related pages appearing in the anonymous access of my site, which is poor. And I cannot control and hide it out, which is even poor. 

faiyeah April 12, 2018

The calendar related pages (at the bottom of the photo, XXXXX's Calendars) appearing in the anonymous access of my site:

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.14.36 AM.png

In my billing, I don't have any subscription apart from Confluence cloud:

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.29.49 AM.png

In manage add-on page, there isn't an option to disable the team calendar plugin

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.39.21 AM.png

I just find a "Delete All Subscription" option, I clicked, but the pages are still there:

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.39.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.39.47 AM.png

What make me upset the most is, I, as a admin, don't have permission on that page at all... (no permission on delete, or setting the permission...):

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.40.19 AM.png

Please help. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

I verified that you are a site admin on the Cloud instance shown in the screen shots. I opened a ticket for our Cloud support team to take a closer look. You should see an email from our portal shortly.

Ben Jackson October 28, 2018

Is there an update on this?

I have exactly the same problem.

Marketplace Partner
March 9, 2020

Everyone, please vote on this ticket so that Atlassian takes the issue into consideration.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68435

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events