Is it possible to disable invited users creating spaces

Nick Shaw March 5, 2021

I am testing the invite user flow for Cloud, and my new user is forced to create a new space, and also given the option to invite users. Neither of these things I want them to do.

I have the "Existing users can send invites to new users" option off.

Additionally only administrators have the ability to create public spaces. Yet my invited user is required to create a space, and still allowed to send invites.

Is there any way to skip this onboarding process altogether on Cloud? I just want to give them access to the site and nothing more.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

Hi Nick,

If I remember correctly, it's not asking them to create a new full space, but a personal space which you should be able to restrict:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-block-personal-spaces/qaq-p/261383

In regards to inviting users, unless something changed since December, you are not able to disable this. However, if a user doesn't have the rights to provide access, then approval is needed from an Admin.

Best,

Clark

Nick Shaw March 12, 2021

Thanks Clark!

The flow does both; first it asks the user to create a personal space, then it asks them to create a public space.

Funny thing is, I disabled non-admins being able to make public spaces, but the flow still asked the user to make one and it just silently didn't create anything. But I got what I wanted to that's all fine.

Thanks for the info!

Jay May 18, 2021

Thanks for the link @Clark Everson - deleting them was getting tiresome and non of the users coming through the invitation process knew what they were doing or why so they all just sat there empty

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events