Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to define the width for Confiforms labels?

Steffen Menzel December 14, 2022

Hi,

does anyone have an idea to define the width of a confiforms label via css? From what I understand, the css values in the Confiforms Field only affect the value but not the label?

Here are two examples of what I mean:

wrong.png

correct.png

The aim should be that the individual selection fields (radio buttons, text fields) are displayed one below the other.

Thanks and regards,
Steffen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hi

Of course, this is up to you to make the fields aligned when you go with the custom layouts (having it in tables, custom divs, etc), but try this option in the ConfiForms Registrations Control

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 14.26.46.png

This should work for most scenarious

Alex

Steffen Menzel December 15, 2022

Thanks, yes that actually helps with most of the fields. Unfortunately, there are still some that don't want to "line up" (radio group with 3 options in horizontal layout and a web resource field is always displayed under the label).
Screenshot 2022-12-15 093843.jpg

So I have to come out as a CSS newbie and ask how to do it with a custom div.

Already tried with a Confluence table, but I ran into another problem there: If I want to display a different number of fields depending on the option (option 1: 4 fields, option 2: 7 completely different fields), this also destroys the Optics, since the number of rows in the table would have to change.

Regards,

Steffen

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

OK, I see.

We can fix that for "advanced dropdowns" - thanks for pointing that out. Also, you can try to improve it yourself by redefining the widths - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/How+to+make+labels+align+correctly+when+custom+layout+is+used+and+fields+are+used+with+their+corresponding+labels

Not sure though, I understand what is going on with the radio group field. Maybe it makes sense to set it to render horizontally?

An another topic: tables in Confluence can be set with fixed with and to have no border (but you might need to use the storage editor)

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events