cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to customise the homepage? `/wiki/home` specifically

Athul Santimon August 16, 2022

Currently what I can see on the homepage is the below:

image.png

I'm wondering whether I can customise this for user groups and roles so I can control what they can see when they open up confluence. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi @Athul Santimon ,

1. You can add a different page as a home page instead of the present one. 

• Select the settings wheel () in the top right corner to open site settings.

• Select Further Configuration from the sidebar (under Configuration).

• Select Edit.

• Select a space from the Site Homepage dropdown menu. When users log in or click the site logo, Confluence Cloud will go to the overview page of the space you choose.

• Select Save.

Please note:

Before changing the site homepage, you should check that the default "confluence-users" or "users" groups have permissions to view the space, and that the overview page itself isn't restricted to particular people or groups.

If your site is public, you'll also need to make sure anonymous users have permissions to view the space, otherwise they'll be directed to the default Confluence Cloud homepage instead.

All details in https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-the-site-homepage/  

2. Regarding  "customize home page for user groups and roles", this is not possible. 

Athul Santimon August 16, 2022

:(

Derek MacNeil February 3, 2023

I don't believe this is what Athul was looking for.  The answer given does not answer the question directly and the suggested work around - which I've seen in a few places - does not effectively work.  Users have the home page site.atlassian.net/wiki/home bookmarked.  When they click that bookmark the desire is to have it go to a company branded and company controlled page of content - not the Atlassian default.  If you can't change the content can a redirect be used to send /wiki/home to the defined space page set in the dropdown menu?

Like Steve Garrou likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events