Is it possible to create simple hyperlinks in whiteboards?

scott.esbrandt October 30, 2023

It appears not possible to create simple hyperlinks from objects or or text.  Any guidance?

The use case is simply to hyperlink parts of the whiteboard in order to drill into more detailed documentation. 

3 answers

2 votes
Kevin Gipe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2024

Whiteboards seems like a great way to stitch together all relevant product information in a visual format.

However, the omission of supporting Hyperlinks is preventing me from adopting this tool. It would be ideal if it would allow a hyperlink in any text block (including in shapes).

But, to have *NO* ability to link to an external document or site is a severe limitation of this tool.

0 votes
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2023

Hey @scott.esbrandt we currently don't support hyperlinks but I've noted down your feedback request for the team to consider in the future. Thanks! 

Patrick Matthews June 19, 2024

Hi @Christina.esbrandt - I second and third Scott and Kevin's request.  

0 votes
Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2023

Hi @scott.esbrandt 

Yes, you can find the option to Insert links in the "More Tools" menu (...)

Monosnap Project Discovery - Product Management - Confluence 2023-10-31 14-22-01.png

You can then select how you'd like to display the link as well:

Monosnap Project Discovery - Product Management - Confluence 2023-10-31 14-20-50.png 

I hope this is helpful! 

scott.esbrandt October 31, 2023

Thanks.  The options are url (doesn't appear you can give the link different display text) and card though.  How can you just have a simple hyperlinks from a piece of text or a shape.  Can we put this basic functionality in? 

Like # people like this
Mateusz Stozek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2023

It would also be great to have the ability to add a hyperlink to the shapes..

Like # people like this
Leonie Reutter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 12, 2023

When adding a link to the whiteboard, I am not given the option to change between url or card... it is simply adding the url? Any tips on this? 

And I agree it would be fantastic to have hyperlinks to shapes!

Like Patrick Matthews likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events