Is it possible to create shortcuts in the TREE of Confluence?

Hi there,

Our Confluence is our Knowledge-center smile I would like to know if it's possible to make shortcuts in the TREE-menu of Confluence. Not on a page, but on the left.

3 answers

1 accepted

If you are using the default theme which use Confluence Side bar, it is easily achievable. Please refer to our documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Sidebar

If you are using documentation theme, then it's a bit harder to achieve. But nonetheless, it is still possible. Please review the documentation below for documentation theme:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Documentation+Theme

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

Hi again,

So, at our Confluence-server I've created a new (Test) Space and used the Default / Blank Space.

I really can't find the option to configure the sidebar... the link is nowhere to be found...not on the bottom of the sidebar and not at the Space Opeatins or -Admin.

Please help me....

So I guess i should do it in the Document theme, at last there's a pane to configure the Navigation. But what you fill in there, gets added on the top of the navigation, even above the search-bar... That looks awefull. Where exactly is the right place?

Somebody (don't know where anymore) adviced me to add a test-space. added a blank theme and as far i can see it, it's the same as the documentation theme. so whats the difference? (and where exactly to configure the sidebar...)

You want to add links in your pagetree on the left if I understand well. I'm afraid that's not possible. You can create a page that's a placeholder for your link, and in that page you can put the link. If the linked page is also a Confluence page, you can use the "include" macro to show your other page in your placeholder page.

Could you please explain that last part a bit more? And does it show the page itself, like realtime?

YES! Thank you! That's it!

Thank you for your quick answer. We have the Documented Theme... I guess it's not possible with that one?

I am going to look into the difference of both Themes and maybe if we can change in an easy way.

We use the Documentation Theme. It's nice and clean.

Yes thats true :-)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Color tables for a shiny Confluence page

...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...

140 views 8 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you