Is it possible to create multiple pages at once via Confluence Server REST API?

antony terrence May 30, 2021

As far as I understand, the Confluence REST APIs work in a linear fashion. You create a page, and then upload attachment to that page, and then create another page. Is there way to create a page with the attachment data?

Also, is there a way to create multiple pages at once?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Basically you need to have a page ID before you upload an attachment. There are different REST API functions that is why it is working like that. 

Here is a nice explanation how this works and on the end you have a example of a script that you can use to create an automation that would fit into your requirements 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/using-the-confluence-rest-api-to-upload-an-attachment-to-one-or-more-pages-1014274390.html

Hope it helps. 

As for creating multiple pages at once.. I would try with importing a Word document with option "Split by heading" that would create pages base on headings levels. That is a quick and easy way to create a page tree structure. 

@Mirek Thank you. I am aware of the option to import a Word document. The only drawback is we need to clean up pages after importing a doc. That's why we preferred REST APIs since we can upload XHTML content.

As a side note, I know Atlassian products allow WebDav access. However, it does not work properly on Windows 10. If the WebDav access works consistently, I think it is easier and "cheaper" way to update pages and attachments in bulk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events