Is it possible to create a pop up/ mouse hover to write a tool tip or description in Confluence?

Shreena Patel September 5, 2012

Hi there,

Just wondering, is it possible to create a tool tip or description that appears when you hover over a word?

In your Wiki Markup documentation you say we can append a link tip, which appears as a tooltip. Example: [pagetitle#anchor|link tip]. This does not work for me. I am not using an anchor, that could be why but when using this markup, it doesn't link to the existing page with that name, it treats it as a new page. Thought that was my answer but I'm not too sure now. I am trying to create a WIKI home page which has different category names (which I will link to the correct places) but have a mouse-over help tip that explains what each category contains e.g. Marketing, when you click over this it says it "Includes the following......."

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shreena

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hey Shreena -

Don't know if this functionality alone is going to get you to want to move - but here's the plugin that solves that problem

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.appfusions.confluence.plugins.popview

If interested in a direct managed hosting solution that has similar IT support/management convenience as OnDemand (24x7, Atlassian skilled, backups, upgrades - the whole 9-yards), let me know - and can help you with this - turnkey.

info@appfusions.com

Ellen

Shreena Patel September 6, 2012

Hi Ellen,

You have answered my question. I will have to wait until we self-host our instance of Confluence as OnDemand won't let me do either i.e. add a plugin or use what you have mentioned above.

Thank you,

Shreena

Reid Manchester June 15, 2015

Popview seems to have been archived. I have not found a replacement yet. Please reply if you happen to know of one.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi Shreena,

This would be possible in a self-hosted instance of Confluence because you could configure this using JavaScript, CSS or a decorator but none of these solutions are permitted in the OnDemand environment and therefore I don't believe this would be possible for you to implement. Please see our document on restricted functions in the OnDemand environment for more information about the differences between OnDemand and downloadable versions of Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events