• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is it possible, to copy whole table columns into another table column? Or even better: is it possible, to move table columns to the left or right?

Is it possible, to copy whole table columns into another table column? Or even better: is it possible, to move table columns to the left or right?

Patrizia Juerss May 18, 2015

Look at the Question smile

3 answers

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

@Jobin Kuruvilla

can you explain how you exactly do it, select a single column only?

When I try, it selects the whole table (like Wes explained). And it does not only appear so. It cuts out and copies the whole table when I use strg+x or strg+c and strg+v.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

I select just the column, highlight starting from the first row to the last row. It appears to select all cells along the way (including cells in the next columns) but works just fine when I cut and paste.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2015

In most cases, cut, copy, paste works fine. It is so obvious that many people don't try it!

Moving columns might involve adding empty columns, copying/moving the contents from original location to there and removing the original column. Really easy though.

Wes Tracy May 18, 2015

Jobin, my problem is I don't seem to be able to select a column. It always tries to select the whole table from where I start selecting. How do we select a column in Confluence? Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2015

it appears to do that but only the column is selected. You might want to give it a try.

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2015

Good question. I don't know how to do it. I sometimes edit tables in Word and copy them back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events