Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to conditionally show/hide fields within a Multi-Row?

Benjamin Rios May 24, 2023

Hi Atlassian Community, 

I am attempting to conditionally show/hide fields within a multi-row field. 

I have one form called createTest which has a multi-row field called test

test, has several fields but their is one field in specific I am trying to use in a conditional filter. The field within test that I am concerned with is called answerType which is a radio group with the following options:

id: 1 | Label: Multiple-Choice 

id: 2 | Label: True-False

When the user selects Multiple-Choice/True-False, I would like this to trigger a separate field within the multi-row to either become visible/hidden. 

I'm not sure what the proper syntax for this would be...

Here is what I have attempted thus far using the confiforms rules for field definitions:

createTest.test.transform(label).hasValue(Multiple-Choice):true

createTest.test.hasValue(Multiple-Choice):true

createTest.test.transform(label):Multiple-Choice

I have been putting the filer's listed above in the Condition section of the rules for field definition. 
For the Field name to track for changes I have simply used createTest.test

This has not triggered anything and I am not sure if there is something I am missing which is probably the case. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Hi

Field Definition Rules are applied on the "current form" only. You cannot apply field definition rules on the sub-fields in another form. What you essentially are trying to do.

What you can do is you can filter (out) rows in a smart multi-row field as you can do on any other field (using  the "apply filter on field" action rules)

Alex

Benjamin Rios May 26, 2023

Got it! Thank you @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events