Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it possible to bulk change the row title in the page properties?

Dominika Krowiak August 29, 2022

Hello,

In my project, I have one template for requirements where I use a page properties element. I have already created dozens of pages, and I need to change the row name in the properties table on all of the pages. Is it somehow possible to do this just once by bulk change on all the pages or am I doomed to manually edit each page one by one?
If I change the row name only on the new pages, then in the page properties report I would have two different rows, the old one and the new one and that's something I don't want.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hey @Dominika Krowiak

I hope your Monday is going well so far? Please have a seat and take a deep breath. You have to be strong now. ๐Ÿ˜„

Yes, you are doomed to edit every page.

Unfortunately, you can't get around it due to the page-based approach of page properties in Confluence and the fact that the report is just a display of the data. As you said, without harmonizing it, you will simply have a new column in the report.

I don't know your exact use case, but I have a strong feeling that you've already encountered other limitations using page properties. (Speaking from experience with Confluence... ๐Ÿ˜„) If you are interested in alternatives for better structuring and organizing your pages and all kinds of data, like inline editing from anywhere, you should take a look at our Orderly Databases app. You can read more about it in our community post: Replace Confluence Page Properties with Notion-like Databases ๐Ÿ 

Sorry I didn't have better news for you... ๐Ÿ˜…

Best, Max

Dominika Krowiak August 29, 2022

Well, I guess I will keep the wrong row name then :smile: Thanks for your reply.

Like โ€ข Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

๐Ÿ˜‚ But remember, this will only make it more annoying in the long run. ๐Ÿ˜„

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events