Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to build custom URLs?

Cristi Manea October 6, 2020

Hello everyone!

I want to have a variable called ServerName that i can set so that all the links on my page will be like:

ServerName/app/4899eejsd12831

This way a server migration that involves an URL change would be easy to maintain.

PS: new to confluence so if there's a basic functionality for this all the better.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Not quite a variable, but there are a couple of options.  Have a look in the admin section for "user macros" and "shortcut links".

User macros are more powerful, but not available for Cloud, and probably overkill.  I think the shortcut links will do what you need.

Cristi Manea October 6, 2020

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the answer. Searching for shortcut links on google, i get that these are available for an older version as i can't seem to find the option when i go into space tools:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-shortcut-links/

I am able to use macros i think since i see them in the dropdown and have the other macros option to search for one... however i am lost ... do i need a specific macro for this task? if so what settings should i apply.

Thanks again!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

It's not in space tools, it's a global configuration.  You need to be an admin to set them up - click on the cog at the top right, and you should find "shortcut links" in the left-hand bar on the 5th or 6th line.

You can use macros on Cloud, but not user macros.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events