Is it possible to NOT NOTIFY watchers when publishing a confluence page?

Amy Zheng March 26, 2022

Is it possible to NOT NOTIFY watchers when publishing a confluence page? any way to make this the default setting so i don't need to manually uncheck the option each time?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2022

Hi @Amy Zheng , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, that's not possible. It requires a manual action each time, even with a keyboard shortcut.

I guess that's how Atlassian intended the concept of space watchers.

However, I would not recommend people to watch an entire space as they will receive way too many notifications for each newly created page or edit of an existing page (where people don't think about disabling notifications).

2 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2022

Hi @Amy Zheng ,

yes there is no option to set this as the default option. There is a existing feature request for this. You might want vote for the same , which will help development team to prioritise issue's. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

0 votes
lifemodapk apk March 26, 2022

yes there is no option to set this as the default option

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2022

There is, actually, a popular app that adresses this problem: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/42684/no-email-storm?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

Unfortunately, it looks it is not available for cloud, your deployment type. But it may be worth contacting the vendor.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events