Is it possible not to include page content in a notification email because of security issues?

tubitak ulakbim September 3, 2015

2 answers

0 votes
Danyal September 3, 2015

Hi William,

thx for your answer.

We need the email notification. How can I customise the email content? Or disable the email content permanently by data base option? (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+disable+Show+Changed+Content+to+all+users)

Danyal

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2015

Hi Tubitak,

I believe you could achieve it by using some customization, by re-writing the plugin to not get the content from there. A simple resolution would be to disable the email notifications.

Cheers,
WZ

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2015

I'd point out that just sending the email is a security issue if it's going to an untrusted person. The content leaking is "closing the stable door after the horse has bolted"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events