Is is possible to recover a deleted page in Confluence?

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

I have a user that inadvertently deleted a child page. Is there anyway to recover that page?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

I'm working in 4.5 but am not at work now, so can't check our test instance of 5.3. The remove option is under Tools, one of the last entries.

The space admin/trash area is accessible from the Browse menu. Not sure if that's the same in v5.

However, if you can't see them, perhaps it's a permissions issue. Are you the space admin?

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2014

Got it. Thanks gentlemen.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2014

You have to be a member of the space admin group to see the trash. Space admins can purge (permanently delete) pages from the trash. Until that happens though they just sit in the trash and can be recovered. If you don't see it you are probably not a space admin and will need to have a space or system admin recover the page.

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2014

How does one go about "removing" a page? I've only ever seen the option to delete a page using the Gear "Tools" icon dropdown.

I also can't find Space Admin/Trash. There is no trash option in the Space Tools options.

Thanks for you help. If it's relevant, we're running Confluence 5.4.2.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2014

D12E,

Do you mean 'deleted' or 'removed'?

If it's the latter then you have to go into the Space Admin/Trash and look for the page there.

If they've really deleted it then it's gone. However, it might be possible it find it in your last backup.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events