Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is deleted page history when is deleted a single page?

Miguel Ángel García Gómez November 7, 2017

Hi all,

In Confluence 6.5 documentation about Delete or Restore a Page it is said that:

When you delete a page in Confluence, you're deleting its page history too.

But I've tried to delete a single page with history, from option "..." and then selecting "Delete". Then, I go to "Space Tools" -> "Content tools" -> "Trash" and select option "Restore" of the deleted page. After that, If I go to Page History of this restored page I could see the same Page History as before the page was deleted.

So I'm confused what documentation said.

Thank you.

Regards,

Miguel.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Hi Miguel,

it's like it's said in the documentation. You deleted a page (or moved it to the trash bin, it's not a real delete operation) and its page history as well. After a restore the page history will be restored as well as it belongs to the page. So if you want to delete specific versions of your page you have to do that from the page history overview. After purging the page from trash in Content Tools also your page history will be gone.

Best, Max

Miguel Ángel García Gómez November 13, 2017

Thanks for your responde Max.

But I'm still a little bit confused, what the documentation is refererring is this sentence:

When you delete a page in Confluence, you're deleting its page history too.

Is about "real" delete? I mean, as I mentioned before, and as you answered, if yo delete the page (sending it to the trash), and then restoring it, you can view the history in the same way were before the delete.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Hi Miguel,

yes, I think it is. If you read further until the end you can find this: "Once purged, the page and all its versions and attached files will be gone for good. "

And I think it would be avery annoying behaviour to lose your page history after accidently deleting a page and then restoring it again.

Miguel Ángel García Gómez November 13, 2017

Thanks Max for clarifying that ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events