Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is anyone having issues with editing within Confluence?

Edited

It's kind of hard to explain, but when I try to edit in Confluence right now, I am experiencing some technical difficulty. First, I'm having a hard time getting my text select cursor where I want it. It will go to the next line or very close to where I want it, but not the exact position (most often after or before a link). Even when I try to use the arrows on my keyboard instead of my mouse, it does the same thing. Then sometimes when I type, it will show the text select cursor in the right position, but it will show what I'm typing in the wrong position (about 4 spaces ahead). I've never experienced this before, but started having the issues yesterday. I gave it a day and restarted to see if it would make a difference, but I'm still having the issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek Community Leader Jan 26, 2021

I suspect you might be having two separate problems.

The first problem you describe happens to me all the time in Confluence also. It can be extremely frustrating to position text in the line BEFORE a heading. You have to aim just above that line of text, in order to get the cursor on that line.

Not sure what this problem is exactly, but it's consistent for me as well. One workaround is to put the cursor above that line, and then down-arrow the cursor there. Usually instead I mentally go into "high precision mouse clicking mode" and just "try harder". It's frustrating.

I scanned for an existing bug report, but could not find one. I'd say it's worth reporting, since it's repeatable. If you do, be sure to include your OS, browser, and steps to reproduce. You're on the Standard plan, so you should be able to get some attention from support.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

For your second problem, I'd recommend checking a different browser to see if occurs in both. Is anyone else in your team/dept/etc experiencing it? Doing a browser clear-cache might be worth trying also (flush out any stale javascript).

Sounds like a video capture of your screen would help illustrate the problem. If you get a video capture, that would also be worth reporting in a separate bug report.

I have never experienced this, and I'm Confluence almost every day.

Would be nice to hear what you discover that helps get past these problems! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,365 views 7 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you