Is anyone getting Errors on Save in Draw.io?

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2020

My team is seeing timeout errors in Draw.io in Confluence Cloud when attempting to save diagrams.  We started to notice this yesterday.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Is Draw.io down overall?  I also noticed that their status page is down here: https://status.draw.io/

Looking at the Console/Network tab in my browser is showing 500 errors being returned from /wiki/rest/api/content/att1537901130/property/

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2020

We did have a couple of reports over the week of this. The error is returned by Atlassian's server, we don't run a back-end for reads and writes.

status.draw.io is an old URL, the current one is http://stats.pingdom.com/i6zi2vdl2t6b/697170/history, we'll fix that redirect.

Is this just for you or everyone? Is it one diagram, or all diagrams? Do you have write page and attachment permissions for that space?

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

Thank you so much, @David Benson _draw_io_ ,

I'll update our Bookmarks for the Status link - thank you so much!   The redirect also works too - thank you again! 

This was happening for everyone - in all of the diagrams we _tried_ but we didn't try all of them.  I can confirm that everyone involved does have write and attachment permissions in the space.  

I'll check in today and report back on if we are having issues still. 

Thanks,
Bridget

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

Hi @David Benson _draw_io_ and @Marija Radovic ,

I just wanted to confirm that it looks like we're back!  I was able to make an edit, and save, a diagram that had a known issue last week. 

Thank you so much! 

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

Great to hear that :) Thanks for the update dear Bridget!

Have a nice day and keep enjoying draw.io

Regards,

Marija

Like Bridget Maloney likes this
1 vote
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2020

Hi,

Could you tell me the following, please:

* was page with diagrams in question moved from personal to public space?

* do all users have the same problem?

* do you have this problem with all diagrams?

* do you have read/write permissions?

* do you have any VPNs, proxies, etc between you and the Internet?

Meanwhile, you can edit a diagram using the following workaround:

* Download the latest version of the diagram 

* Edit the Confluence page (top right)

* Insert a new blank draw.io diagram

* Drag the xml file you downloaded to draw.io editor

Does this help?

Regards,

Marija

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

Thank you so much @Marija Radovic ! 

• was page with diagrams in question moved from personal to public space?
    • Nope it has always lived in this space
  •  do all users have the same problem?
    • Yes
  • do you have this problem with all diagrams?
    • Unsure, all of the diagrams we _tried_ at least :) 
  • do you have read/write permissions?
    • Yes, for the page and space overall
  • do you have any VPNs, proxies, etc between you and the Internet?
    • We do use a VPN for work but this is happening whether we are connected to the VPN or not

Thank you so much for the workaround as well!  We'll try that if this isn't working today :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events