Is any Safari user able to successfully "paste" an image into a Confluence page?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

This seems to be a long standing issue (CONFSERVER-26011) since as early as 2012. It is very frustrating as it allows me to paste it in and appears fine when in edit mode but once you publish it shows as broken image. So I use Firefox to paste images and safari for the rest of my work. Sure I could just switch to Firefox or Chrome for all my browser work but there are good reasons why I don't. 

Has anyone had success with Safari in this regard?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffi Frank June 7, 2017

hmmm... using Safari version 9.1.3 and Confluence Server 5.8.5 it works fine here with drag&drop

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

Steffi, thanks for sharing your experience. It may be compatability issue w/ my version of Safari (10.1.2) and Cloud Confluence. I may attempt to downgrade Safari.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2017

For what it's worth I just did a drag and drop of a .jpeg on Confluence Cloud and Safari Version 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2017

thanks Ann.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2017

more info for future frustrated searchers...

I am running Safari 10.1.2 (12603.3.3) on OS 10.12.6 Beta (16G12b). So I simply chaulked this up to me living dangerously on the edge of life.

However...

I had another Safari user in my org test this and they were using plain old boring 10.1.1 (12603.2.4) on macOS 10.12.5 (16F73) and they see the same issue. I expect it is an incompatability with whatever version of JIRA is loaded in my cloud instance. 

Such is the life of living in a multi-browser, cloud enabled world. :-)

JoergB March 14, 2018

Does not work on Safari Version 11.0.3 (13604.5.6) and Confluence Server 6.1.2. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2018

Try upgrading Confluence?

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2018

There has long be an issue with Safari and its ability to paste images (discussion on stack exchange); however, it looks like Safari 11.1+ now works with Confluence Cloud and Confluence Server (6.9.0+).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events