Is academic access not free?

David McMurrey April 27, 2021

I was told by Oliver (thanks, Oliver) that academic use of Confluence is free. However, I got a note from someone named Leroy who said it is not free but is a 75% discount. What?

I'm looking forward to having my classes at Austin Community College use Confluence to show their projects and comment.

-- David McMurrey, Ph.D.
Business, Government & Technical Communications
Austin Community College
www.prismnet.com/~hcexres/

3 answers

2 votes
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2021

Hi David.You might be looking for a Classroom license.

As explained in https://www.atlassian.com/solutions/survey/classroom-license-request this license is free if you are running the Data Center deployment.

If you would like to use it on the Atlassian Cloud, then you can get a 75% discount.

That page I shared would be your starting point to request the license.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Thiago

0 votes
David McMurrey April 30, 2021

yes

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

They're both wrong-ish.

There is a free version of Cloud Confluence, with reduced functionality and a limit of 10 active users.  There's no rules about who can sign up.

Academic users can get a 50% discount for Data Centre (not Cloud) installations

Charitable non-profits can get 75% off their Cloud subscription (from memory, they also have to be not a government organisation, not commercial, not academic and secular)

Cloud licencing rules are at https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/cloud#cloud-premium

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events