Is @Mention necessary when replying to someone in a comment?

US Source Deployment PESdev Account October 10, 2017

When REPLYING to a Comment, and you want to ensure that the person whose comment you're replying to is notified, is it necessary to @mention them in the reply, or, in all replies does Confluence automatically notify all parties @mentioned in the original, upstream comment(s)?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

If the person is watching the page then they will be notified.  Otherwise to be safe an @mention is the best way to ensure that they get a notification.

Rex Card August 6, 2018

Does the user get a notification each time an @mention is placed in the comments?

For example I create a page (and save) and @mention a user in the first comment. I assume they get a notification.

If I update the page again (and save) or not update the page can I create another comment with an @mention and assume the mentioned user will get another update?

A better question might be for each unique comment created (not edited) with a common @mention will the user receive a notification for each comment?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events