Invitation to a new confluence meeting note - Slack notification

Philipp Hildebrandt August 12, 2022

Hi,

I just have a small and simple question and I am exited, if somebody can help me.

Since some weeks we are using confluence for internal meeting notes. When we start a meeting, one of the participants creates a new meeting note in confluence and invites the other colleagues with the invite-function in the menu-bar. The colleagues will receive an e-mail now but I wan't them to get a Slack notification instead of an e-mail.

I didn't find out how to setup confluence and slack for that function.

Maybe someone can help me.

bye, Philipp 

1 answer

0 votes
Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hello @Philipp Hildebrandt

There are certain functions that can trigger Slack notifications (only when Slack is a connected app). In your case, you can create a parent page (let's say it's called 'Meeting Notes') in Confluence, and participants can create a child page under this parent for individual meetings (can be a template: 'Meeting Notes {Month, Day, Year}').

For this to work, you need to enable Slack notifications based on:

- When someone creates a child page 

You also need to specify a channel to send notifications to while setting up Confluence Cloud App in Slack.

Hope this helps :) 

Philipp Hildebrandt August 12, 2022

Hi @Okan Erdogan ,

that seems to be a work around, but doesn't solve the dedicated case.

But thank you for your answer and the time you spent on it.

Like Okan Erdogan likes this
Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2022

No problem @Philipp Hildebrandt :)

Philipp Hildebrandt August 14, 2022

Hi @Okan Erdogan ,

I tried you workaround you gave me, but the problem is, that the trigger

"When someone creates a child page" only works with publishing event of a new page.

So that's not what I need, because I will notify the team about a new created page in the draft modus, so we can collaborate within this page during the meeting.

bye

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events