Invitation email not received

Jennifer M April 12, 2023

Hi, 

I was invited to work on a Confluence team.

Invitation emails sent twice were not received. 

At the time I did not have confluence on my account (only Jira Work Management)

Could that be the issue or is my email blocked?

I checked my spam, refreshed the page and still did not have any email invites. 

Thank you!

5 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chanell Vick April 27, 2023

Ok all screenshot shots have been deleted with our emails. Thank you. @Jennifer M sorry about that again. 

Jennifer M May 8, 2023

Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Jennifer M 

I have checked on our internal tools and didn't find any blockers or bounces preventing you from receiving our emails.

In that case, could you confirm when the invitation was sent?

We would like to let you know as well that, if the admin of the site that invited you, already granted site and product access, you should be able to access the site directly and in case you want to go to Confluence, you can access it by adding /wiki at the end of the URL name.

I have sent an e-mail for a password reset just to test if your account would receive it. Can you confirm if you have received this one?

No action is needed to reset your password.

Regards,
Jessica

Jennifer M April 18, 2023

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for following up. 👐🏾

The invite was sent on April 8 2023.

Yes, I got the password reset email🤗

I will pass the message to my teammate.

Should I have her try to re-invite me?

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2023

Thanks for confirming, Jennifer.

If you haven't asked to re-invite you by now, please do! I'll keep an eye on the logs, upon your confirmation it was sent again since I was unable to find something blocking you from receiving the last one.

Let me know if something doesn't work as expected in the new invite,

Regards,
Jessica

Jennifer M April 24, 2023

Hi @Jessica,

Thank you so much for your help!

@Chanell Vick, my team member resent the email but I didn't receive it.

However, on my confluence and Jira Work Management Teams section, it lists her as a team member (user).

I am puzzled that I received the Atlassian password reset email but did not receive one from Chanell.  When I invited her, she received my email but I did not receive hers when she invited me - it is quite mysterious.

Pres June 21, 2023

@Jessica can one send automatic email from Confluence to a new user ?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Jennifer M and welcome to the community,

Your invitation was on the same instance as the Jira Work Management you were working on, or on different?

Jennifer M April 14, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thank you for the response.

The team member only had Confluence when she invited me and I only had Jira Work Management at the time.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Ok, but your product access you had on these different products, were on the same instance? E.g. on the same website your_domain_name.atlassian.net?

Jennifer M April 14, 2023

We were both on separate sites (accounts), not the same one.

(I hope I understood and answered the question correctly) 

I appreciate your help

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2023

Hi @Jennifer M ,

I've escalated this to an Atlassian member, who will contact you here in a few days.

Jennifer M April 17, 2023

Thank you so much!

0 votes
Chanell Vick April 26, 2023

@Jennifer M please use this link to see if you can be added to the Confluence portion. Let me know if this works. 

Jennifer M May 1, 2023

Thank you Channel!

0 votes
Chanell Vick April 22, 2023

Hi Jessica- I sent I re-sent. Thanks for your assistance. I have another issue, that's tied up with this- we are trying to do a scrum stimulation so I am trying to add Jira Software to my account. I received a screenshot advising that my account has been deactivated. I have the screenshot. My account was linked to a previous team I worked with. Is it possible if I can get the Jira Software on my own? I did reach out to the support team to try to get the matter rectified. 

Jessica
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2023

Thanks, @Chanell Vick ,

About the site being deactivated, I can see you already have a ticket with our billing and licensing team open to work on this.
I'm not sure which site is deactivated for you, so we would need more details in order to work with that.

To keep things private and secure, would you mind sharing this information in the ticket, in case our team was unable to confirm which site you are looking for reactivation?

If the owner of this site is no longer using Jira and you were not an authorized contact, I'm afraid there would be nothing we could do to reactivate the site, unless there is a message directly from the owners requesting it to be re-activated.

Once a site is suspended, deactivated, or deleted, is not possible to use your account on that site specifically as it will remain inaccessible for all users that were once part of it, including site admins, etc.

Regards,
Jessica

Jessica
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2023

Hi @Chanell Vick thank you!

I'm not sure which site was deactivated that you are trying to access, however, I can see you have already a ticket in place with our billing and licensing team.

Would you mind sharing the details for this site with them, to keep things private and secure, so we don't expose your site and e-mails if needed to keep checking things?

On a side note, if this site was from another site-admin/owner, and you were a regular user there, it may not be possible to "recover" it, as the only contacts that could do it are the owners.

However, you can use your same Atlassian Accounts to access other sites/multiple products.

Regards,
Jessica

Chanell Vick April 26, 2023

@Jessica Thanks so much for responding, help is definitely needed. I am a little confused in regards to the account-To my knowledge, my understanding is set up separately from the dismantled team that I am on. As far as the invite to @Jennifer M  I have sent the invite a few times, but now when I try it's being funny with adding the email with attaching the ymail to the end of the email address. I only have that as an option to select. (Please see screenshot.) I have been trying to invite her to the Confluence.  I also added her to the Jira Software space- and when I try to add to this space- I am getting an error message. (please see screenshot).

Thank you for your help with this. 

I have access the Jira Software, she will also need to be added to that. 

Please let me know if there is anything that I need to do to rectify this situation. Thank you for your help and patience with this matter. 

@Jessica how do I get back to the ticket? I have the screenshots and wish to deposit them there. Thank you for your patience we are newbies on the platform. 

Jessica
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2023

Hey @Chanell Vick 

Is the issue on the site chane***.atlassian.net?

If yes, I can open a new ticket on your behalf so you can share the screenshots and we can check further on what is going on.

If you wanted to go back to the ticket with our billing and licensing team, this is the ticket number: https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/35/CA-2319104

Regards,
Jessica

I think that's where I'm getting confused about, the site thing. To be honest I'm not sure what site I created the ticket from. I thought all while we were under my own account not the account that was attached to the previous team I was working on.  I just submitted screenshots to the link provided for the ticket. Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events