Internal page Anchors & Tags keep breaking

Ivor Matz May 11, 2021

I use the Legacy Editor (Confluence Cloud) because the new editor is hokey, hinky and much more limited in scope. I have multiple documents with a large number of internal page Anchors & Tags that keep breaking. I have revisited several of those documents and renamed the anchors and tags to try to fix the problem, but the tag entries keep disappearing (clicking Edit shows nothing in the Advanced field, although the tagged entry appears to be linked). Attached is an image that shows the URL's that appear at the bottom of the screen for a good link and a bad link. When I click on tagged entries with bad links, the system either jumps to the same spot on the page for any tagged entry -- or to a random spot -- or it launches edit mode for the document. I've wasted a LOT of time trying to find a resolution or work-around with no success. I need a universal fix please, or a way to edit in the background.anchor URL examples.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2021

It's a known bug, tracked here. Sadly it isn't being fixed for the legacy editor - the "resolution" is to migrate to the new editor. Which I'm not going to do because, you know, it doesn't include much of the functionality my wiki relies on. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events