Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive RACI Matrix for a Confluence Space?

Carlos Fry October 10, 2020

Has anyone built or seen an "interactive" RACI matrix based on documents in a Confluence space? 

We need to build a very large set of documents for multi-month and multi-year projects. Confluence seems like a great way to create and store the documents, but our team is global, and managers want to be able to see a RACI chart that links to the appropriate documents. 

Thoughts? We will have dozens of users in the space, and hundreds of documents... how do we tag them so people know how to find what is important to them, and to understand their role with respect to all of the documentation?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2020

Ok, here is a first approach to implement this with Confluence on board functionality.

1. Use Page Properties macro at the pages you like to show in the RACI matrix. From my point of view this wouldn't be every single page but specified page trees e.g. describing a business process or a policy. This macro can be hidden on page itself.

2. Define a label and use it consequently on all pages defining responsibilities with the aforementioned Page Properties macro. In my case this is: raci/enabled.

3. Build a RACI matrix showing all pages with label raci/enabled by leveraging the Page Properties Report macro.

So here it is. It is just a small example with one page.

Page Property macro which could be hidden on the page.

Screenshot_2020-10-10_22-27-59.png

Page Properties Report macro on the RACI matrix page.

Screenshot_2020-10-10_22-28-32.png

Hint: the Page Properties Report macro shows columns not in the same order as defined in the Page Properties macro. If you define the columns to show explicitly in the Page Properties Report macro (R,A,C,I) than this order is preserved.

As you can see from my example this approach also works for profile pictures. So it is quite flexible what to show in each column.

Complete documentation of these two macros: Page Properties Macro 

Kind regards,

Tobias

0 votes
Ashish Sangawar May 19, 2023

hello,

I am also looking for the best view creation for RACI in confluence.. it would be really great if someone can help.

Br,

Ashish Sangawar

0 votes
tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2020

Dear Carlos,

the question you raise is very good. Indeed it's hard to keep track of responsibilities for all pages on a larger scale. Most Confluence spaces I know don't implement much control. Using the RACI model sounds promising to me.

tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2020

What about using the Page Properties macro. Let's see ...

Like Süleyman Gezici likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events