• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Interactive RACI Matrix for a Confluence Space?

Has anyone built or seen an "interactive" RACI matrix based on documents in a Confluence space? 

We need to build a very large set of documents for multi-month and multi-year projects. Confluence seems like a great way to create and store the documents, but our team is global, and managers want to be able to see a RACI chart that links to the appropriate documents. 

Thoughts? We will have dozens of users in the space, and hundreds of documents... how do we tag them so people know how to find what is important to them, and to understand their role with respect to all of the documentation?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ok, here is a first approach to implement this with Confluence on board functionality.

1. Use Page Properties macro at the pages you like to show in the RACI matrix. From my point of view this wouldn't be every single page but specified page trees e.g. describing a business process or a policy. This macro can be hidden on page itself.

2. Define a label and use it consequently on all pages defining responsibilities with the aforementioned Page Properties macro. In my case this is: raci/enabled.

3. Build a RACI matrix showing all pages with label raci/enabled by leveraging the Page Properties Report macro.

So here it is. It is just a small example with one page.

Page Property macro which could be hidden on the page.

Screenshot_2020-10-10_22-27-59.png

Page Properties Report macro on the RACI matrix page.

Screenshot_2020-10-10_22-28-32.png

Hint: the Page Properties Report macro shows columns not in the same order as defined in the Page Properties macro. If you define the columns to show explicitly in the Page Properties Report macro (R,A,C,I) than this order is preserved.

As you can see from my example this approach also works for profile pictures. So it is quite flexible what to show in each column.

Complete documentation of these two macros: Page Properties Macro 

Kind regards,

Tobias

Dear Carlos,

the question you raise is very good. Indeed it's hard to keep track of responsibilities for all pages on a larger scale. Most Confluence spaces I know don't implement much control. Using the RACI model sounds promising to me.

What about using the Page Properties macro. Let's see ...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

75 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you