Integrating Microsoft training files on Confluence page

Tim Milner February 27, 2014

Hi. I am building a training space in Confluence, and have gotten hold of Microsoft tutorials, videos etc. for their Lync software. It is in the form of a zip file, with various files within it; each file, when opened, provides a web-type interface, with links embedded that navigate you around different areas of the training material. In essence, it's like a web page, but broken up into separate files - so a Get Started file will open up a web-type interface that has links. Each link will take you to a different web-type interface. These files open up in a web browser, but instead of a standard URL, you get a file path such as file:///C:/Users/milnert/Desktop/Lync_Custom_Intranet_Site. I hope that explains the format OK.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to effectively integrate this into a Confluence space or page, so that it shows an interface on the page with links that navigate around within or whether I just need to attach the various files to a page, so the user can then just click to open them separately?

Hope I'm making sense.

Appreciate any help - even if just to say no, I just need to attach separate files.

PS. Can you attach zip fiels to COnfluence, or have to attach the individual files within a zip?

PPS. We're on Confluence 3.5.16, but upgrading in May to 5.4.x.

Thanks,

Tim

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

There isn't a way to integrate it into Confluence easily. What I would recommend would be to put the content on another web server and then you could iframe it into Confluence.

Tim Milner February 27, 2014

Thanks Davin. Was thinking that was a possibility, but wanted to avoid having to ask IT to do something for me! Thanks for the quick response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events