Integrating Confluence with Slack

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to integrate Confluence with Slack, such that any updates or comments made to pages will appear in a specific Slack channel. What would be the best way to go about accomplishing this?

Thanks!

5 answers

I came here to ask this as well – I'm a developer so I'd be happy to work on it but it's not clear that it's actually possible as Confluence only seems to work with apps in the official atlassian marketplace.

Hi All,

Our Slack Connector add-on will support Confluence very soon. We should start working on this in next two weeks. This will be the Cloud-only version however.

Hi Adrian,

Just wondering why it will be a Cloud Only connector?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick,

We built our add-on using Atlassian Connect Framework which, at the moment, supports only Cloud products. Building a Cloud add-on is more like building a web application where we maintain all the backend infrastructure on our own. Server add-ons however are more like desktop application with completely different approach (and technology used). Therefore, there is no easy way to "port" already existing Cloud add-on into Server and that's why we don't have plans of doing so at this point.

We'll let you know if anything change regarding this.

Cheers,

Any luck building this integration? 

I would like to have this feature as well.

It's possible with JIRA, it should be possible with Confluence.

Hi 

We develop a plugin for JIRA Cloud (JIrassimo notifications for JIRA), that does this sort of the integration for JIRA (between JIRA and Slack, among the other channels/messengers)

I would start with https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/modules/common/webhook.html

It has the event you are looking for, so it should be possible to implement it as a plugin

Hi,

I understand there is a possibility of notifications coming into slack if a page is crested, comment made etc. However can I integrate in such a way that whatver I am discussing in slack automatically gets posted on confluence?

How would you imagine it? Like a history of all messages from Slack? What would be a purpose for that?

@Łukasz Rżanek1, I think what he's talking about, and what I'm looking for, is link previews, which are extremely common in Slack. Paste any public URL into a slack message and you'll get a rich preview (if enabled)

I'd love to see the page title, first line of content, and number of comments and likes on the page when pasting confluence link.

Atlassian already does it for Jira issues (see https://slack.atlassian.com) - giving me hope they'll do something for Confluence

@Patrick Fowler So, in short, you would like the page's links from your Confluence instance to be unfurled (that's the term they use for that) on your Slack channels when pasted there?

Yep - link unfurling is the main thing I’m looking for. Notifications are great but can overwhelm a channel, rich previews are far more important to me and my team

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,916 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you