Integrate executable file in Confluence

Melissa Rößler September 16, 2022

Hello Community,

I have converted a Python program into a *.exe file and now I want to include it in Confluence. However, not as a downloadable file, but rather I would like to run the file via Confluence. Is this somehow possible?

Or does anyone have another idea?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

Hi @Melissa Rößler and welcome to the community,

This would look like a huge security issue... and from what I know I don't think it's doable. Why you want to do that?

Melissa Rößler September 19, 2022

Hi Alex, 

thank you for your message! I want to integrate some tools, e.g. a timer for meetings. 

Is there another idea, how we can do that?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Look at the marketplace for an app. There are some you could work with and some of them are free as well!

Melissa Rößler September 20, 2022

Thank you for the feedback again.

Unfortunately our Confluence admins do not accept additional apps.

Is it still possible otherwise, or can it just be added as a downloadable file? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022

Nope, there is no other way to do this.

You can try to upload it, but I can be sure that it will be uploaded. On server, perhaps the admins restricted uploading exe files.

Neil Liebenberg November 1, 2022

I also want to do the same as what Melissa is trying to do, by uploading an executable Python file into Confluence for a User Guide document that I am creating. I would like the readers of this document to be able to save that executable file to their local or network drives.

Any suggestions for how I can achieve this? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events