cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate LMS with Confluence?

ITops123
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Does anyone have experience implementing a LMS (Learning Management System) with Confluence?

11 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012
There's the Gilly plugin from Edubrite which is a LMS. We evaluated this but did not feel the LMS features were strong enough, although the integration was okay. Worth checking out as it may suit your needs though. Can you describe your scenario a little more? Is it for internal training, or are you offering training courses on a commercial basis? Do you have existing training content, perhaps in Scorm format?
ITops123
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2012

Excellent questions, Charles.

• This is for internal training
  • We are a large nonprofit
  • We need a way for people to self-enroll in trainings (very important)
  • We need the system to send calendar items or confirmations of some kind.

Integration with Confluence is primarily around the content associated with the trainings. We do everything else on our Confluence instance (it is super active) and want some integration there for staff. SSO would also be nice.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

We were looking for something similar - a need to manage training plans/history by employee; upload certs/training proof of attendance; approval workflow to sign up for training; reporting of hours by time period and/or employee; self maintain, etc.

Our primary point of entry is Confluence; thus, we were looking to have something integrate with it...

Gilly is focused on tests which is a very, very small subset of what is needed.

Have you received any other responses to this or determine how you are approaching it?

We have 200 employee.

Kevin Daniels April 25, 2017

Hi Karie,
If you are still looking for a Confluence solution to manage training content, take a look at the Learn Up add-on.

Cheers

6 votes
Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2016

Hi there,

You can create educational tests and training courses using the izi - LMS for Confluence add-on. It allows you to make courses for employee and customer education right in Confluence.

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2020

@Pilar Bello , you asked in another Question: (April 2, 2019)

Hi Katerina,

Is there any way to see the tracking and metrics of all the participants in all courses at the same time?

I can't post an update there, because the moderator closed that thread for new comments. So I will follow-up here.

At that time it wasn't possible to see such metrics.

Now you can achieve that with izi - LMS for Confluence. We added the Course Results Report macro which is very flexible: https://docs.stiltsoft.com/izi-confluence-lms/data-center-and-server/courses/course-reports/course-results-report-macro

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Katerina

Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
June 11, 2020

@jdanelon , you liked my comment here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Has-anyone-used-Confluence-as-an-LMS/qaq-p/570148?utm_campaign=kudos_comment&utm_content=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=atlcomm#M118586

My comment was outdated there. I can't update it in the original question thread, because the moderator closed it. Please see the comment above (the one I posted for Pilar Bello). It should clarify.

Kind regards,

Katerina

1 vote
_Fabian A. Lopez March 29, 2021
1 vote
Evgeny Victorov January 15, 2016

I'd upvote the question as this is still actual AFAIK.

Throughout my research no Confluence-comaptible on-remise LMSes have been found. Surprisingly, no integration for the "best of both worlds" - Confluence and Moodle - is offered; however, it could be a golden niche.

0 votes
Christian Sprenger December 11, 2019

We currently use ILIAS as LMS and our company is moving to SuccessFactors.
As we use Confluence and JIRA already, we'd be interested to use Confluence (and JIRA?) as LMS.

However, some features must be available, which is

* tracking and reporting progress of users
* one course will only be visible when the first has been completed (and so forth)
* Gamification within Atlassian (like, when you finish a course you'll get 100 points, when you solve a Ticket in JIRA you'll get 50 points, when you add a document in Confluence you'll get 20 points etc with a score board and "prices")
* creation of Certificates after the final Exam.

Like, an Atlassian LMS :)

I saw LearnUp, Gilly, ScormLearning, but have not tried any up to now.

Pushkar Adhikari June 22, 2020

Hello @Christian Sprenger 

I work with EduBrite, who have created the app Gilly - LMS app for Confluence.

If you are still looking for an LMS, I'd like to ask you to try out Gilly. We offer extensive tracking and progress of users with serialised attempts that can be decided based on the course structure.

There are group based leaderboards which can be used for your purpose of gamification and macros on Confluence side allow you to insert them anywhere you need. Certification and/or badges can be awarded to your users based on their achievements.

There are also a bunch of more features as explained in this comment above.

We also have integration with Confluence Cloud and Jira Service Desk Server.

If you have any more questions, you can write to us at support[at]edubrite[dot]com. Alternatively, you can visit EduBrite or EduBrite Support sites too.

Regards.

0 votes
Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
May 20, 2019

I'd love to speak with anyone interested in this topic. At ServiceRocket, training and learning development is our specialty. Check out our new SCORM Learning for Confluence app.

Our goal is exactly to bring SCORM format to Confluence and make it a breeze for you to run such training/learning program in Confluence. Easy and simple upload, delivery and tracking.

Disclaimer: I'm from the ServiceRocket team who built the app.

Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2019

Hi, looks very good. But how much does it cost?
I can not find something on your website.

Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2019

I installed the AddOn and tried to connect to the server (https://scorm-elb.learndot.io/) but the server didn't respond

Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
July 31, 2019

Hi Michael, we haven't add any pricing to this app yet but for now you may use it for free. 

In regards to the connection issue, you might want to check if there's a firewall that disallows both inbound and outbound connection from/to the service. More info.

If you wish, we can look into this problem together or discuss about your use cases - I'm available at azwandi[at]servicerocket[dot]com. Cheers!

0 votes
Paul Raper February 14, 2017
EtienneD May 20, 2019

mmh... dead link :-(

Could you reload it ?

Thanks !

0 votes
Paul Raper February 14, 2017

Could we be a little more specific, would it be possible to integrate other applications such as Moodle and Mahara with Confluence? Moodle for the LMS side, and Mahara for the portfolio building side.

Could make the whole set of tools into an exceedingly powerful concept.

0 votes
Ajay Upadhyaya November 14, 2014

Hi,

Gilly supports all kinds of self paced courses with content like PDF, Doc, Powerpoint, SCORM 1.2 / 2004, AICC, Audio/Video, Voiced Powerpoint etc. Gilly is essentially a plugin for EduBrite LMS which in turn allows you to build the courses. 

Full documentation about EduBrite / Gilly can be accessed on support.edubrite.com.

At present Gilly works only for on-premise installation of Confluence. While EduBrite LMS is cloud/SaaS solution. We expect to make Gilly compatible with Confluence on-demand soon. 

Evgeny Victorov January 15, 2016

Something Gilly lacks is on-premise installation.

Manish Gupta _EduBrite_
Marketplace Partner
July 7, 2018

Gilly - EduBrite LMS app for Confluence is now available for both Server as well as Cloud. Both version supports multiple macros e.g. dashboard, catalog, leaderboard, user info - badges, credits; course player, quiz / survey, reports etc.

0 votes
Kerstin Bücher July 2, 2014

We're about to implement a learn management system from Successfactors. Instead of having the learning content within the course management system we would prefer to have it in confluence. Therefore, we'd be interested, if this is possible.

"Learning content" can be all sorts of formats like pdf, ppt, videos etc. which probably aren't a big deal. It becomes more challenging when talking about SCORM format. How about this?

I'd appreciate any comments. Haven't seen anysthing here for a while...

Kevin Daniels April 25, 2017

Hi Kerstin,
Take a look at the Learn Up add-on.

Cheers

Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
May 20, 2019

I'd love to speak with you (or anyone else interested). Our goal is exactly to bring SCORM format to Confluence and make it a breeze for you to run such training/learning program in Confluence. Easy upload, delivery and tracking.

Check out the SCORM Learning for Confluence app.

Disclaimer: I'm from the ServiceRocket team who built the app.

Jeff Gilbert May 23, 2019

Hi Azwandi,

I am looking to embed a SCORM file into a Confluence page.

My team does not require any tracking or reporting capabilities at all. We are looking for a simple user experience. We need the user to be able to access a course using a single mouse click - that was created in Articulate Storyline 3.

Is there a video that demonstrates the user experience of the SCORM learning app?

Thank you,

Jeff

Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
May 27, 2019

Hi Jeff,

That's what the app does! Here's a quick video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZER6nDxvNy4

Shoot me an email - azwandi[at]servicerocket[dot]com. I'd love to exchange thoughts and ideas with you.

Kevin Daniels September 12, 2019

Hi guys, We just released the latest LearnUp version covering a Scorm 1.2 Player ! 
I suggest that you have a look at it !

Cheers !

0 votes
Meryl McKerrow April 23, 2013

Looking at the same thing - ours is probably more complicated as we're using an OnDemand instance which would probably mean a direct plugin is ruled out unless it was perfect and we managed to convince the developers it was worth the conversion.

We don't mind if it's a manual process, just that whatever confluence can spit out, the LMS can accept.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events