Integrate LMS with Confluence?

Does anyone have experience implementing a LMS (Learning Management System) with Confluence?

8 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
There's the Gilly plugin from Edubrite which is a LMS. We evaluated this but did not feel the LMS features were strong enough, although the integration was okay. Worth checking out as it may suit your needs though. Can you describe your scenario a little more? Is it for internal training, or are you offering training courses on a commercial basis? Do you have existing training content, perhaps in Scorm format?

Excellent questions, Charles.

• This is for internal training
  • We are a large nonprofit
  • We need a way for people to self-enroll in trainings (very important)
  • We need the system to send calendar items or confirmations of some kind.

Integration with Confluence is primarily around the content associated with the trainings. We do everything else on our Confluence instance (it is super active) and want some integration there for staff. SSO would also be nice.

We were looking for something similar - a need to manage training plans/history by employee; upload certs/training proof of attendance; approval workflow to sign up for training; reporting of hours by time period and/or employee; self maintain, etc.

Our primary point of entry is Confluence; thus, we were looking to have something integrate with it...

Gilly is focused on tests which is a very, very small subset of what is needed.

Have you received any other responses to this or determine how you are approaching it?

We have 200 employee.

Hi Karie,
If you are still looking for a Confluence solution to manage training content, take a look at the Learn Up add-on.

Cheers

Hi there,

You can create educational tests and training courses using the Courses and Quizzes - LMS for Confluence add-on. It allows you to make courses for employee and customer education right in Confluence.

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

I'd upvote the question as this is still actual AFAIK.

Throughout my research no Confluence-comaptible on-remise LMSes have been found. Surprisingly, no integration for the "best of both worlds" - Confluence and Moodle - is offered; however, it could be a golden niche.

Looking at the same thing - ours is probably more complicated as we're using an OnDemand instance which would probably mean a direct plugin is ruled out unless it was perfect and we managed to convince the developers it was worth the conversion.

We don't mind if it's a manual process, just that whatever confluence can spit out, the LMS can accept.

We're about to implement a learn management system from Successfactors. Instead of having the learning content within the course management system we would prefer to have it in confluence. Therefore, we'd be interested, if this is possible.

"Learning content" can be all sorts of formats like pdf, ppt, videos etc. which probably aren't a big deal. It becomes more challenging when talking about SCORM format. How about this?

I'd appreciate any comments. Haven't seen anysthing here for a while...

Hi Kerstin,
Take a look at the Learn Up add-on.

Cheers

Hi,

Gilly supports all kinds of self paced courses with content like PDF, Doc, Powerpoint, SCORM 1.2 / 2004, AICC, Audio/Video, Voiced Powerpoint etc. Gilly is essentially a plugin for EduBrite LMS which in turn allows you to build the courses. 

Full documentation about EduBrite / Gilly can be accessed on support.edubrite.com.

At present Gilly works only for on-premise installation of Confluence. While EduBrite LMS is cloud/SaaS solution. We expect to make Gilly compatible with Confluence on-demand soon. 

Something Gilly lacks is on-premise installation.

Gilly - EduBrite LMS app for Confluence is now available for both Server as well as Cloud. Both version supports multiple macros e.g. dashboard, catalog, leaderboard, user info - badges, credits; course player, quiz / survey, reports etc.

Could we be a little more specific, would it be possible to integrate other applications such as Moodle and Mahara with Confluence? Moodle for the LMS side, and Mahara for the portfolio building side.

Could make the whole set of tools into an exceedingly powerful concept.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

547 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you