Integrate JIRA POST API calls into confluence page

david_parry November 8, 2018

I guess this question cuts across several concerns: Confluence, JIRA AND XRay. Im trying to create a neat integration path to also help with releases but without altering the way we use confluence to manage releases

We have a complex release process involving many approvers and teams to actually get software out: not ideal but its the card we have, We drive the release process using Confluence and comala workflows, binding the stories we are releasing into the relevant steps in our release plan.

Currently testing (and of course "PLV" as a flavour of testing) is all spreadsheets and so on.

We have just implemented Xray to create more structure here, and I want to augment our release process to be able to bind in the PLV (ie related Test Executions (TE)) end to end. 

I want a button on the page to do a few things:

1. Create the JIRA 'Version's in my project I need to match the deployment environments (3 at present). This would need to use the Confluence page title and create a version per environment off this.

2. If the TE doesn't exist, then create a new TE associated to each of those releases (so we can then track detail of all PLV for all releases)

I can see there are JIRA APIs to get/create versions and issues (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/ and the gets work just fine)

We use tokens to authenticate users between Confluence + JIRA

Can anybody give any guidance on how to achieve this or where to start?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events