Integrate Confluence data center with Azure DevOps

Alok Juneja June 2, 2021

Hi,

We are looking for the ways to integrate our confluence data center with Azure DevOps. We tried to find some reference however did not come across one. Please share your experience and procedure that you did to achieve it.

Your suggestion will us to move forward.

BR
Alok

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

What do you want from this "integration"?

Alok Juneja June 2, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-Instead of Jira we would like to use Azure DevOps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

That's not a definition of "integration".  What do you want this "integration" to do?

Alok Juneja June 2, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-My apologies if using the word "integration" is not matching with my intention. We want to have confluence as our wiki and Azure DevOps as a issue management. They both should talk to each other like Confluence and Jira does.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

Using a different phrase does not help.

What do you want this "talking to each other" to do?

This is a repetetive response, but without a definition of what you want to happen, we can't start to help you.  "integrate", "talk to", "correspond", etc, yes they all mean "we want the two systems to work together", but they don't tell us what you want to happen when they do.

All we can really tell you if you don't define what you want to happen is "use Confluence's REST API when Azure wants to ask or tell confluence something, and use Azure's remote APIs when Confluence wants to ask or tell it something".

You can see in there, there is still no definition of *what* will be done, because we don't know what you actually want it to do.  "Like Jira" isn't good enough, Azure and Jira are different things.

Alok Juneja June 2, 2021

It seems my terminology needs to be polished. Thanks for pointing that out.

Can we reference Task or user story from Azure DevOps in Confluence and any confluence page in Azure DevOps.

BR

Alok

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

You can put links in either end that point to the other, yes.  I assume you want more from it than that though.  

You'll need to code, probably on both ends, if you want anything clever.   "Referenced" still does not tell us what you want from this integration, so I'm going to give up and give you the generic answer:

Whatever you are trying to do here is probably possible, but you'll probably need to code for anything more clever than putting url links to the other system in.  On the Confluence side, I would look in the marketplace before thinking of coding, there's a load of apps that might do things that you need (but I can't tell you which ones might help best as you have not defined what you actually want from it).  It's similar on the Azure side - you could code, but look for plugins and add-ons first to see if there are ones that can do what you're looking for.

Alok Juneja June 3, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-Putting the links in one another is what we are looking for before we go for anything big.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events