Instructional text in Excerpt macro is showing in Children Display macro?

Laura Bier January 27, 2020

Is anyone else seeing this problem? We use the Excerpt macro in a lot of our templates, but often users don't bother putting any info in there.  We are seeing now that if the user doesn't delete the instructional text then, even through it is instructional text and should not display, it is displaying when we use the Children Display macro with Excerpts.

Clearly there is a very easy work around, to go in and delete the instructional text, but surely this is not working as designed? We are seeing it specifically with the "How To" template... Anyone else seen this? Should I submit as a potential bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reporting this to us! I was able to replicate it, and it looks like it's an issue across both editors (legacy and new). 

I raised the bug here:

• CONFCLOUD-69269 Children Display excerpt shows Placeholder Text placed in Excerpt Macro

I don't run into the same issue if I switch the excerpt display in the Children macro to "rich content" so perhaps that's another workaround for you in the meantime.

Can you do me a favor and click This affects my team and provide details regarding your example? I want to make sure you get updates on this but also that we have as many examples as possible of people that have run into this issue.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Laura Bier February 4, 2020

Thank you so much for looking into this.  I will do as you request. (It's the third bug I discovered! Clearly we are using Confluence with ALL its features! LOL)  I'm headed to my first Atlassian Summit next month. Excited to learn more!

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Thank you for reporting it! If you find anything else please let me know so I can raise a ticket for it. Hope you are enjoying Confluence, with the exception of the bugs that you've run into!

Have a great time at Summit, I heard it's a lot of fun but I just haven't made it out yet.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events