cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing confluence on AWS and Apache

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

I am installing confluence on a single node of AWS, and I am curious if by default the instance of confluence will be behind an apache server: Trying to follow the instructions outlined here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-mixing-public-facing-without-login-articles-and-internal-content?_ga=2.75504786.66127577.1537204989-774349336.1525122455

1 answer

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong,

By default its Nginx if you're using cloud formation. 

atlassian-aws-deployment

but the template can be update to use apache instead.

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2018

@edwin thanks for the reply, bit of a newbie here. I will be using the server license of confluence and will be installing it on a single node of the AWS. Does your answer still apply, and could you point me in the right direction regarding instructions to do this. 

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2018

@Jeffrey Bistrong,

Got it. By default it won't be behind an apache server. You'll have to install apache separately forwarding traffic to Confluence's 8090 port.

This will be helpful. Proxying Atlassian server applications with Apache HTTP Server

Apache isn't required to allow anonymous access. You'll have to enable anonymous access on the site level

and also at space level.

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 4.39.15 PM.png

Enabling site level doesn't enable for each space. Setting Up Public Access

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

@edwin I am in the process of doing the installation on AWS, and I am curious if, confluence will be hosted behind apache, if I need to install confluence in a specific apache directory or the standard location?

Ramhya Ravichandran November 27, 2019

Hi Jeffrey,

Just checking if the installation and therefore database connectivity and usage went fine when installing Confluence on a single node in AWS......i will have to do the same on a linux server in AWS. So any major roadblocks you faced if you can share will be most helpful.

Regards,

Ramhya R.

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2019

Hi Ramhya,

I ended up not needing to do this. Good luck on your deployment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events