Installing Confluence OD standalone locally on Mac with Yosemite

Emma Run Bjarnadottir November 4, 2014

Hi,

Has anyone tried to install either confluence-5.5-OD-31-009 or confluence-5.6-OD-34-014 on a Mac with OS X Yosemite? I have successfully done this in the past on the older OS X Mavericks. I'm experiencing two different problems on Yosemite, e.g. for confluence-5.5-OD-31-009, I couldn't unzip it, but once unzipped, I could easily run it. For confluence-5.6-OD-34-014, I could unzip and install, but I'm getting strange errors in the catalina.out log, when trying to run it:

"Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Invalid file name for use with -Xloggc: Filename can only contain the characters [A-Z][a-z][0-9]-_.%[p|t] but it has been /Users/emmarun/Atlassian/confluence-5.6-OD-34-014/logs/gc-2014-11-04_13:14:56.log

Note %p or %t can only be used once"

The "gc-2014-11-04_13:14:56.log", doesn't actually exists, so this isn't making sense.

Best regards,

Emma Rún

2 answers

0 votes
Alison Gould
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2014

I worked around this by altering setenv.sh like this. Change this line:

#CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xloggc:$LOGBASEABS/logs/gc-`date +%F_%T`.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M"

To this:

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xloggc:$LOGBASEABS/logs/gc-`date +%F_%T|sed -e 's/://g'`.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M"

However it still won't start, it is now complaining about:

2014-11-15 10:11:26,078 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager] init Unable to set up application config: no home set

Followed by reams of java errors sad

0 votes
Martin Röbert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 5, 2014

I was also hit by the error with the invalid file name, but on Debian.

Installation details:

• java version "1.8.0_25"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)
  • Debian 7.7
  • Confluence 5.6.4 (standalone)

The question was posted on SO, I wrote a comment with a workaround there. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26745701/confluence-giving-weird-exception-invalid-file-name-for-use-with-xloggc-while

I assume the problem is the missing file the format of the filename.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events