Installing Confluence OD standalone locally on Mac with Yosemite

Hi,

Has anyone tried to install either confluence-5.5-OD-31-009 or confluence-5.6-OD-34-014 on a Mac with OS X Yosemite? I have successfully done this in the past on the older OS X Mavericks. I'm experiencing two different problems on Yosemite, e.g. for confluence-5.5-OD-31-009, I couldn't unzip it, but once unzipped, I could easily run it. For confluence-5.6-OD-34-014, I could unzip and install, but I'm getting strange errors in the catalina.out log, when trying to run it:

"Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Invalid file name for use with -Xloggc: Filename can only contain the characters [A-Z][a-z][0-9]-_.%[p|t] but it has been /Users/emmarun/Atlassian/confluence-5.6-OD-34-014/logs/gc-2014-11-04_13:14:56.log

Note %p or %t can only be used once"

The "gc-2014-11-04_13:14:56.log", doesn't actually exists, so this isn't making sense.

Best regards,

Emma Rún

2 answers

I was also hit by the error with the invalid file name, but on Debian.

Installation details:

• java version "1.8.0_25"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)
  • Debian 7.7
  • Confluence 5.6.4 (standalone)

The question was posted on SO, I wrote a comment with a workaround there. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26745701/confluence-giving-weird-exception-invalid-file-name-for-use-with-xloggc-while

I assume the problem is the missing file the format of the filename.

I worked around this by altering setenv.sh like this. Change this line:

#CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xloggc:$LOGBASEABS/logs/gc-`date +%F_%T`.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M"

To this:

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xloggc:$LOGBASEABS/logs/gc-`date +%F_%T|sed -e 's/://g'`.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M"

However it still won't start, it is now complaining about:

2014-11-15 10:11:26,078 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager] init Unable to set up application config: no home set

Followed by reams of java errors sad

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

900 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you